“How do I choose a Realtor? I don’t even know what questions to ask. I just know I want to find my perfect dream home, without breaking my budget.”
Use this handy checklist for picking the perfect person to help you buy your next home:
- Are they Market Savvy? Our market is in a constant state of change, so the real estate professional you choose should be knowledgeable, efficient and pro-active about staying ahead of the learning curve.
- Do they Data Mine for Sellers? Tapping into technology is a must for agents who understand that target-marketing to those sellers who are most likely to sell their home.
- What is their detailed marketing plan? In today’s constantly shifting market, busy professionals leave nothing to chance or questions unanswered for their clients. With a time-tested plan of action, and a clearly defined marketing system, you’ll feel more confident in their ability to achieve the results you desire.
- Are they full or part time? It is important to know up front whether the real estate agent you are speaking to is fully engaged in the purchase of your home and all that profession entails.
- Are they using advanced technology? The tools of the trade have changed to meet the times. Find out what high-tech tools your agent uses to ensure that all home purchase avenues have been searched.
- Do they have a network of professionals you can count on? Choose an agent who is well connected in all aspects of the industry, this makes them a great resource. That way whatever your real estate need is, when you buy your home, whether you need a home improvement specialist or a landscaper, they’ve got you covered!
- What is their experience level? While some agents can offer a long “time” in the business- they may or may not have the “experience” necessary to get the job done. Whether an agent is new or a seasoned veteran, look for enthusiasm, commitment, knowledge and a person who is willing to go the extra mile.
- What is their system for staying in touch? Communication is a vital component in the purchase process. Make sure your agent takes the time to establish a time and method for keeping you in the loop every step of the way! That way, you are always informed and everyone can avoid unwanted “surprises.”
- Do they have references? Most great agents are happy to share their referral information with you. In fact, top agents generate most of their business from their referral base. They consider and treat their clients as the VIP’s they are. Ask if they can provide you with a list of names and phone numbers. It’s your right!
When it’s all said and done– it really comes down to trust. Choosing a real estate professional is no exact science, to be sure. What’s important is that you feel comfortable with them as a person, and as a professional. Add to that a comprehensive marketing plan and a set time to communicate and you have the foundation for a great working relationship. Know that making sure you have a resource you can count on and advocate you can trust is my top priority!
Call me anytime at (406) 208-5450 or contact me here, I’m here to help!